Saturday, May 28, 2011

Apartment pictures have FINALLY arrived!

Thank you for your patience as I finally have posted pictures of my studio apartment.  It's a fun little place to start out with.  It's nothing fancy but it works.  It's very easy in this city to spend most of your paycheck on rent and I determined I would rather have a middle of the road type apartment in a safe environment with flexibilities to do stuff than restrict myself financially by paying super high rent for luxury living, as they call it here.  One day that luxury living will come, but for now, I have chosen a place that isn't top of the line but isn't a rat trap....it's just right!

The amenities are nice, as it has a workout facility downstairs, a pool (which opens today), a private fenced in park area, tennis courts, 7-11 on site, 24 hour security patrol, and so forth.  It really is a good location.  My commute to work is now only 30 minutes instead of 2 hours, one way.  And I don't even have to drive, the bus picks me up from my apartment building and takes me right to the Pentagon where I get on the Metro which takes me right to the front steps of my office building.  (one block from Nationals Park...oh yes, I love this place!)

As far as other happenings....everything is good. I am finally feeling settled and I am happy!  I love this city and I love my church!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend. I am headed to the Nationals baseball game on Monday and then into DC for some festivities after.

One last thing.....Congratulations to Thomas and Nicole on moving into their new house yesterday!!!!  Can't wait to see it.

Try to stay dry if you live in Oregon....getting my sunscreen out here in DC.    :)

See you all soon.....

The best is yet to come!

Patti

4 comments:

  1. Nice work Patti. Looks great, and I have just the thing to hang from your entry way mirror. I will pop it into the mail this week. :) And as far as your bathroom goes, it is very vintage chic'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great p I am so happy you love your place I really like the blue bathroom lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!! And thank you! we are so very excited to be settled in our town and amongst our friends. Its just RIGHT. like DC is just right for you!

    Missing you LOTS!!! cant wait to hopefully see you soon. xoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so kind of you Sarah. Yes the bathroom is definitely a classic. Makes me wonder if they got a big discount on colored toilets, tile, and bathtubs. lol

    Thanks Mags and I miss you too Nicole!!

    ReplyDelete